Our family spent a week at The Historic Powhatan Resort in Williamsburg Virginia with Mom and Dad Essig. Unfortunately our week was full of rain and thunderstorms which wrecked a lot of our outdoor plans. Most of our week consisted of checking out the local shops, trying different restaurants, playing games, and relaxing at the pool during the rain breaks. We did squeeze in Historic Jamestowne before we headed home on Saturday since the sun finally came out.
3. Yankee Candle Company-You can easily spend hours at this place! Great place to visit with little ones.
– Kids can meet with Santa anytime of the year. He even checks to see if they are on the “nice” list
– There is a fountain to throw pennies in and make a wish
– Lots of lights and music
– Samples of fudge, popcorn, ice cream, and other goodies
– Unique toys and books
– Countless candles to smell
4. Williamsburg Pottery– Gourmet Kitchen, Home Essentials and Outdoor Living Marketplace.
Duck Donuts– Made to order, served warm and delicious!
Fat Tuna Grill & Oyster House– We really enjoyed the cornbread/hush puppies and the guys got their Oyster fix.
Sal’s by Victor– Our vote for best pizza/Italian!
Captain George’s Seafood– Although a little pricy Captain George has a great buffet. Kids 4 and under are free!
Things to do:
Historic Jamestowne– A glimpse of what life would have been like 400 yrs ago. General admission is $14. Kids 15 and under, active military, and access pass holders are free!
There is so much more to do in Williamsburg but since it rained we missed out on a lot. Other things to check out if you get a sunnier week than us:
-Water Country USA
-York River State Park
Thanks again Mom and Dad Essig for a great family trip, we love spending time with you! Madison especially loved painting pottery with her Grammy ❤
Less than a month until we start heading down the ICW in Fidelis, we can’t wait to share our experience with you. We have one more trip planned before we set sail, Mommy and Daddy are taking a long weekend without the kids. Can you guess where??? Stay tuned…..